Once you lose your iPhone there are very few chances that you will get it back the reason being that once your iPhone is stolen there are most of the chances that it will be switched off and taken to some iPhone software expert who will reset that phone and then it will be sold within 24 hours on ebay. But if by any chance that phone stays ON for next 1 or 2 hours then to day I will be giving you certain tips which will help you to track your iPhone on Google maps or wipe all the data on your iPhone or change the passcode.
Using a default app available on iOS which is ‘Find My iPhone’
Before proceeding further with the steps let me tell you that this application should be enabled on your iPhone and even if you are using MobileMe, then both of them have almost same feature. So, this tutorial of Find My iPhone will also help the MobileMe users.
- For this you will have to logon to http://www.cloud.com with Apple ID and password and then you will see your home screen as the screenshot mentioned below.
- Now click on the icon of Find My iPhone and then it will start locating your iPhone, after a while on the Google Map it will show you the location of your iPhone (provided the phone is switched ON).
- Now if you want to delete all the stuff from your iPhone then you will click that green dot locating your position on Google Map and then you can see the option as mentioned below in the screenshot.
- From these options you can either delete all the data or you can change the passcode.
If you only want that all the precious data from your iPhone should be deleted then there are 2 things which can be done but both have them certain pre-conditions.
Wiping your iPhone through Exchange
If you have your official e-mail ID configured with your iPhone then you can wipe all the data without any help of FindMyiPhone. Just follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Go to the options and then select all the options.
- You will get this page with one of the options as ‘Phone’. Click it.
- You will see the phones associated with your account in the list mentioned below, select that phone and click ‘wipe the device’. Well that lost iPhone will be fully erased.
Settings on iPhone
Always make sure that in the settings section of your iPhone that once a user makes 10 invalid attempts to the passcode then all the data should be automatically deleted.
Please let us know if you still cannot get your problem solved by using the steps mentioned above.