We have been getting lot of problem emails related to iMessage as when they cannot send iMessage from iPhone, iPad or Macbook and while others cannot receive iMessage on apple devices. Now when it comes to scenarios every time we get a new story for instance, some say they can’t send or receive iMessage from Macbook using the iMessage beta application, Cannot send iMessage to my wife iphone by phone number, some of them cannot send imessage using the beta app on mac os lion and while when they try to send a iMessage they got a error saying – "Your message could not be sent. try again, or cancel”
After searching about this problem we got to know some solutions that could really help you to solve your problem if you are encountering any of the above or similar problem of Cannot Send or Receive iMessage On iPad, iPhone or Macbook. Follow some of the methods below to solve your problem related to iMessage in most of the cases and scenarios you should be able to solve your problem.
Cant Send or Receive iMessage Using Beta App on Macbook
This his how it occurred when some people were using iMessage app on their macbook but suddenly it stopped working and you can send or receive any new iMessage from your macbook then you should try adding 18.104.22.168. or 22.214.171.124 (Google DNS servers) in System Preferences > Network > Advanced Button > DNS tab on your Mac OS or else you can use Open DNS server entries, in case you have a network router and it has the settings for DNS server then you should add these values in the router interface.
Can’t Send iMessage To Another Apple Device Using Phone Number
There are times when users reported that they cant send a iMessage to person using his or her phone number, but some times they can for some odd reason they don’t know why. Just for your information you should know that iMessage does not recognize each id with their phone numbers unless you the apple device you are using is an iphone. In case you are using any ipad or ipod touch or Macbook, you cannot receive the iMessage on these devices if some one sends that to your phone number.
So in case you don’t receive a iMessage sent to your phone number, you should check the Settings >> Messages >> Receive at – see the email address which you have set, and ask people to send iMessage to this email address or ask them to add this email address under your contact information on their apple devices.
Please Note: It is not important, that email address you specify under iMessage settings should be the same apple id which you use on your apple device including iphone, ipad or ipod touch.
Fix iMessage Not Working – Step By Step Solution
If, you still Cannot Send or Receive iMessage you should check that your should have an active internet connection on your device either wifi or cellular.
- Ensure that iMessage is turned on in Settings > Messages.
- iMessage registration validates your Apple ID for use with iMessage. If you are unable to activate iMessage, try the following:
- Sign in to iMessage on your device using a valid Apple ID. After you validate the email address for use with iMessage, other iMessage users can connect to you using that email address. If you encounter issues registering or using an Apple ID account:
- Ensure you have an active Internet connection.
- Verify that you are using a valid Apple ID at myinfo.apple.com. You can also create an Apple ID or reset your password from this webpage.
- Ensure that your date, time, and time zone are set correctly. If your country has recently made a daylight saving time (DST) change, it may be necessary to manually set the time zone to one that matches your local time.
- Check that your email address is verified in Settings > Messages > Receive At.
- If Settings > Messages > Receive At shows your email status as "verifying," follow the instructions in the verification email that was sent to complete the process.
- Toggle iMessage off and on in Settings > Messages.
- iPhone automatically registers your phone number for use with iMessage during activation. If you encounter issues activating or using iMessage with your phone number:
- Verify that you are connected to a cellular network.
- Toggle iMessage off and on in Settings > Messages.
- If you are unable to activate iMessage on a device after remote wiping it, wait at least 24 hours and try again.
Please Note: One thing you should know when you use iMessage is that, the green color bubble indicates a message sent by as SMS, grey colored bubble indicates a sms received from your friend and blue color bubble indicates an iMessage sent via internet either from you or received by you.
Cannot Send iMessage Free They Are Sent As SMS
Some of our readers also reported that when they try to send an iMessage they are not able to send it, rather they end sending the message as SMS due to low or poor internet connectivity from wifi network or cellular signal. In such cases you can force your apple device to send messages as iMessage by following the solution given below. Under Settings >> Messages on your apple device you should disable the option which says Send as sms as shown in the image below.
Cannot Send iMessage Now But It Was Working Previously
One of my friend reported this strange problem when suddenly he was not able to send iMessage neither from his iPhone and nor from his Macbook using iMessage beta, his problem got solved when he went to Settings >> Messages on his iphone and he turned off iMessage and then turned it on, it cost him some minimal price and iMessage was working for him again.
Now Finally If iMessage Does Not Work Some Alternatives
If iMessage is not working as if now for you, then you can try installing some other similar apps like iMessage for example like WhatsApp, or use Pingchat (which came out at around the same time). Another similar app called Line, which features cutesy emoticons and free voice calls, seems to be a popular alternative too. All these three apps works with android phones also, which makes these apps more versatile than iMessage which is only limited to apple devices.
Please Note: In case, if you want to receive the same messages on both devices, you need to use the same iCloud ID for both the apple devices.
Cannot Send Pictures In iMessage, Text Based Message Work Fines
In such cases when you when you are not able send a photo with iMessage, you should try the steps given below.
1. Turn off iMessage on iPhone, iPad not receiving or sending messages with pictures
2. Reboot apple device
3. Turn on iMessage again
Please Note: In case, your apple device is jailbroken and if you have biteSMS and copic then you should uninstall both of these apps.
iMessage May Not Work Because Of Wrong Time and Date Settings
One of the reason for iMessage not to work is that, there could wrong date and time set on your apple device, to correct the same go to Settings >> Date & Time >> Set Automatically – Slide “ON” if it already in on state then slide is off wait for some time around 1 minute and slide it on.