I have been using iPhone since iphone 2g was out by apple, since that time I learned a lot about iphone working and their problems and the solutions to different iphone issues. Now suddenly some days back I experienced an issue when my iPhone Touch Screen Does Not Respond To Touch or Tap On Screen this problem was pretty strange as 5 minutes back it was working fine, this happened on my iphone 4 which I was using with no problem for the last one year or more.
Not only this we received some complaints and problems regarding iphone touch screen as they said iphone touch screen does not work some times suddenly on the other hand some users says that upper or lower half of the iphone touch screen goes unresponsive and in some cases iphone . In my case I was able to unlock my iphone but it did not responded to touch by finger or taps on screen once it gets unlocked, after some searching I came to know that there can be different solutions to this problem. We will discuss all of them one by one.
Restart Your iPhone To Fix Unresponsive Touch Screen Problem
You should know that most of the iphone problem go away once you turn off your iphone and shut it down and turn it on again, for this you will need to press the sleep / power key on the top right of the iphone and keep it pressed until you to see slide to power off on your iphone as shown in the image below.
Do Full Restore On iPhone With iTunes To Repair Touch Screen
Another way to solve this problem if this is not due to some hardware malfunction is by doing a full restore on your iphone by connecting it to computer through USB cable. Connect your iphone and run iTunes and then go to device summary tab and then press Shift button and restore your iphone with new firmware already downloaded from apple Or else you can restore your iphone or ipod touch with a last backup you did with iTunes on your computer.
Steps That May Fix iPhone, iPod Not Responding Touch Screen
In case you experienced the following problems or symptoms like
- Multi-Touch display (or touchscreen) does not respond
- Portions of the Multi-Touch display do not respond
- Multi-Touch display is very slow to respond
In such cases you can try the doing the following things to fix the not responding iphone, ipod touch screen
- Clean the iPhone screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
- Do not wear gloves while using the Multi-Touch display. Do not use the touchscreen with wet hands or immediately after applying hand lotion. Moisture affects touchscreen behavior in the same manner as it affects a trackpad.
- If you have a protective plastic sheet or film on the touchscreen, try removing it. It may be preventing the touchscreen from working properly.
- If that doesn’t work, turn the device off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the device for few seconds until a red slider appears, and then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- If the device did not turn off, reset it. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for a least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
To learn more about to solve iPhone and iPod touch: Frozen and unresponsive, follow these instructions by apple on this page. If the steps above don’t resolve your issue, please schedule a service appointment with an Apple Retail Store for evaluation.