Recently skype has been released for ipad which allows you to use skype and do video calls with ipad to other devices. Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype. Plus, if you add a little Skype Credit, call landlines and mobiles at really low rates.
We tried skype on our ipad 2, the over all interface seems pretty nice and simple to use with some straight forward options, any one could start using it just at the first time.
When we started skype on our ipad, it first asked us to login as shown in the image below.
Once logged in, it showed all the contacts and small square thumbnails showing profile pictures.
When you tap to any contact, it will show you all the options to chat, do video call etc with that contact.
You can search across the global skype directory
With the quick shortcut on the right top, you can save a phone number or search skype directory of contacts.
You can chat with any skype contact in full screen view mode in skype app on ipad
You can also edit your skype profile through this ipad app
You can even call a mobile phone number in any part of the world if you have some skype call credit.
Below is how the call screen looks like, with options to mute mic and other options as shown in the image below.
Watch The Video Demo Of Skype For iPad
Key Information About Skype App For iPad
• Join Skype on our website or just sign straight in to your account.
• If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
• We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
• Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
• Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
• Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
Access free Skype features
• Talk face-to-face or show what you’re seeing with front and back-facing cameras.
• Use Skype for iPad to call anyone else on Skype – and enjoy near CD quality (SILK) sound.
• Instant message and add emoticons to personalize your messages.
Then unlock even more features when you pay a little:
• Make cheap calls to landlines or mobiles from your iPad.
• Get an Online Number from Skype so people can call you on your iPad.
If you want to unlock these extra features, you can pay in a way that suits you.
• Pay As You Go with Skype Credit – great for when you’re using Skype every now and again.
• Pay monthly with a subscription – best if you use Skype a lot.
App Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Conclusion: The skype client for ipad seems pretty simple and have all the required features, however there are still some things that should be improved.
Our Rating: 4/5 | Price: Free | Visit App Store Link To Install Skype For iPad