Just a day back we made a detailed post on how to jailbreak untethered your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 which you can read in order to jailbreak your new device. Now since it is a tool that is under development, bugs are bound to be there. As being reported by users a number of bugs are there which need to be addressed and through this post we will help you resolve these issues. The major bug being encountered by a majority is that when using absinthe they get a white screen and a server error.
The white screen stays for a while and while you are thinking that it is jailbreaking your device, it actually does nothing. If you are facing the same problem you can follow the guide given below to resort to a better state.
iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4s, iPad 2 Absinthe White Screen Issue Fix
- First connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer via the USB cable and open iTunes
- Make a backup of your device to iTunes or iCloud
- After finishing the backup, restore all data to your device
- When finished restoring – Do Not Use The Back Up
- Once again open Absinthe on your computer and click Jailbreak
- The process will hopefully complete and after that the device will reboot and you can locate the Absinthe icon on springboard and open it.
If this does not work? Follow this:
If you are really stuck at the white screen when tapping on Absinthe icon present on the sprinboard then you have to follow the guide given below.
- Firstly remove all the passwords: the wifi password, device unlock password etc
- Now delete the Absinthe app from the springboard
- Manually reboot the phone using (Home + Power Button Combination)
- Once again connect your device to the computer via USB and re-run Absinthe and click on jailbreak
- Wait for the program to complete its job.
- IMPORTANT : Do not unplug the device and while it is connected, click on Absinthe icon on the springboard.
- If it is a success then I believe you will be happy but in case you get the white screen again then IMMEDIATELY open settings, go to VPN and switch it ON.
- It will give you an error and the device will reboot.
- After this you will see a Cydia icon on the sprinboard that has replaced Absinthe icon and you are done.
For Other Issues Follow This
- Run absinthe as Administrator on Windows. Mac users use Sudo: open terminal and type sudo ./Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe. But before this make sure absinthe.app is situated in the same directory
- After the absinthe jailbreak attempt fails, reboot your iPhone.
- Close absinthe on your computer
- Run Absinthe again on your computer and it should detect your device and will say that it noticed a jailbreak attempt failed and say it has Recovered
- Reboot your device again and close the Absinthe program once again
- After your device reboots, open Absinthe and click on jailbreak
- Once it is complete and asks you to tap on Absinthe icon, DO NOT TAP. Now go to settings instead and open VPN and switch it on. You will get an error and the device will respring after a while.
- If the device does not respring, follow the steps given above until it works. If it resprings successfully you will get Cydia on the springboard.