Apple is pretty famous for their after sale service in case of iPhone, as most of the time Apple prefers to replace your phone rather than repairing it and that is the reason even when an iPhone user faces a small degree of glitch then he quickly runs to the nearest Apple store. Now there are certain points which are supposed to be remembered when you take you iPhone to the Apple service center. Please take a look at them.
Things You Need To Take Care Before You Take iPhone To Apple Care
- You can access this link to check whether your iPhone is still covered under service and repair warranty or not, as this will be the first step taken by the Apple Care executive as soon as they get your phone. If your phone is not covered in the warranty status then it will returned back to you without any consideration.
- Another important point is that never forget to take the backup of your iPhone whenever you are planning to take your phone to Apple Care as they may ask to keep your phone for replacement or they may ask your permission to restore it.
- If you have jailbroken your iPhone then I will strongly suggest you to restore the firmware of the phone and then take your phone to Apple Care as they may discard your Warranty if they found your iPhone jailbroken.
- iPhone uses a smaller size of SIM and if, in your country, Apple does not sell factory unlocked iPhone then there will only be few dedicated service providers which can provide that size of SIM which is specially designed for iPhones, but then users who manage to use a factory unlocked iPhone in that country use a ‘CUT’ SIM, this SIM is created by cutting a normal SIM to a smaller size which can be used in that iPhone. Never ever take that ‘CUT’ SIM to Apple Store (believe it is my personal experience, anyways I managed to get away with that but they have full rights to void the warranty of your iPhone).
- Most of the users use screen guard on their iPhone, but before submitting your iPhone you should remove them as physical damage inspection will be done by the executive and as soon as you will remove those screen covers; your phone will become new and scratch less. This is important because once any physical damage is observed on your iPhone, they might state the reason of the (your reported) problem as the physical damage done, thus again excluding your iPhone out of the warranty conditions.
I am pretty sure that once you keep up with these points mentioned above, you will not face any problem while getting your iPhone fixed. Best of Luck!!