On 3rd of January we brought you a step by step guide on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 and just after that we also made a post on how to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 without upgrading your baseband version. I hope both were really helpful for users running older apple devices since these articles were not meant for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
I suppose this will not be a disappointment anymore as iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is here. Making an entry into the list of latest jailbreaking tools is Absinthe. Once again we have to bow to pod2g, one of the most sincere developer, who along with a “dream team” of iOS hackers worked even harder for this new release. With the help of these developers, Chronic Dev Team has released the new version of Absinthe that will not only give you an untethered jailbreak but will also also correct some early bugs in the process, reported earlier.
This latest Absinthe is compatible with mobile devices running iOS 5.0.1 and is fully untethered. Beside the core functionality the Dev team has also included an alternative command-line interface for advanced users who wish to address to specific problems needing debugging.
NOTE: Before you start following the guide, create a backup of your iPhone and iPad. Do not start without this or else you might end up losing important data.
How To Jailbreak Your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 On Windows Computer
- After making a backup, update your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to latest iOS 5.0.1 firmware using iTunes. Don’t know how to do it?
- Connect your device to your computer using USB cable
- Launch iTunes
- Select your device from the left pane under DEVICES
- Click Check for Updates under Version on the main screen
- On the next dialog box select update and install
- For the latest firmware click Download and Install and after follow the next couple of dialog box instructions the installation will complete
- Now Download Absinthe from HERE or try this alternative link
- Once it has been downloaded, unzip the package and open the Absinthe.exe file by right–clicking and selection Run As Administrator
- Now connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to the computer via the USB cable
- Now once connected, click on Jailbreak button and it will start working on your device immediately.
- The device will now display Restore In Progress. Do not even think of touching your device until the tool completes the restore.
- When Absinthe completes the restore, unlock your device and look for the Absinthe icon on the homescreen. Open Absinthe from the homescreen and it will follow the rest of the process to jailbreak your device. It will open Safari and after a short while your device will reboot.
- You will see that the Absinthe icon has been replaced by Cydia icon and now your device is completely jailbroken. Enjoy