Yes, you can block calls and messages coming from specific phone numbers on iphone, however this feature is mainly controlled by the phone signal provider, so in case you want a complete solution you can ask your phone provider to block a number so that you stop receiving calls and sms messages or mms messages from that number.
Today we are going to talk about how you can control this from your iphone, and what apps can help you block calls and messages which you don’t want to receive them on your iphone. After searching on the app store, I found many apps which claim to do this, but none of them actually works effectively as this feature of blocking number only works from the carrier side.
So the only possible way you can do this on iphone is to first Jailbreak your iphone and then install iBlacklist app from cydia under Bigboss repository. It blocks also FaceTime/iMessages and runs on iPod 4 and iPad 2. It allows you to select from who you want to receive calls and hide messages. It also removes the sms popup preview protecting your privacy, has parental control mode by blocking outgoing calls, can be fully scheduled and many other features. Try it , you’ll love it.
Additional Tip: Block Calls or SMS From Any Number On Any Phone
If you live in india, you can use the following links as per your carrier
- BPL Mobile – Do Not call sign up page
- BSNL Do not Call registration – you need to be registered to use this service.
- Idea Cellular – Post paid users need to be registered to use this service. Prepaid users just need to enter their number to stop unwanted calls.
- MTNL Delhi – A bit lengthy registration form
- MTNL Mumbai – this page speaks for itself.
- Reliance Mobile – Do not call me, i will call you
- Spice Karnataka – Sms START DND to 1909 or call 9844098440 and place a request.
- Spice Punjab
- Aircel Chennai
- Aircel Tamilnadu
- Tata Indicom – sms START DND to 1909, or you can use the My account(for registered users) page for the same to stop promotional calls in your tata indicom mobile.
- In case you are an Airtel customer, you can subscribe for the airtel call manager feature which lets you block calls, you will need to Rs. 30 per month for using this service.